- To produce Veterinary graduates & Post-graduates by imparting need based and relevant education and training, i.e. Human Resource Development.
- To provide services to the farmers for production of quality livestock & poultry of high production potential and maintenance of their health including prevention of diseases.
- To provide health care services for livestock and poultry through outdoor and indoor services.
- To provide diagnostic services pertaining to infectious & non-infectious diseases of livestock and poultry species.
- To conduct need oriented researches to control diseases in livestock & poultry and formulate breeding, feeding and managemental strategies utilizing locally available resources and cost effective technology.
- To carry out basic researches in different areas like Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Wild life etc. related to veterinary profession.
- To provide vocational training to youths in various fields of Veterinary & Animal Sciences to develop entrepreneurship for self employment and generating opportunities of employment.